EXIT TEXT MODE
Ashington Parish Council
Your Neighbourhood Wardens
Bryony Sparks, Neighbourhood Warden
Phone:07764 146 368
The Parish has two Neighbourhood Wardens who will assist the community by:
- Providing a reassuring, uniformed patrolling presence.
- Providing an efficient eyes and ears service aimed at reducing fear of crime for residents in the community and improving the quality of life.
- Dealing with environmental crime issues, notably dog fouling.
- Reducing incidents of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour by collaborating and working closely with the police and ASB team, referring relevant behaviour for enforcement action.
- Supporting the community by encouraging the establishment of diversionary activities for young people.
- Engaging with older people in the communities and working with organisations and voluntary groups to reduce isolation
- and encourage social inclusion.
- Offering advice on crime prevention and fire safety in the home.
- Working in partnership with other agencies to help benefit the community.
- Acting as professional witnesses.
What we don't do:
- Neighbourhood Wardens are NOT a replacement for the police.
- We are not an emergency service or response team. Crime and anti-social behaviour should be reported to the police directly.
- As we are not in the Parish 24/7 there will be times when neither warden is on duty.
- We do not have the ability to issue parking tickets or enforce parking contraventions, although we will happily issue words of advice.
- When dealing with the elderly and vulnerable, we are not Bryony Sparks there to provide a care service but we are able to direct to the relevant agencies.
If you wish to speak to the Wardens on any matter in confidence please contact them via their mobiles or Twitter.
We also are occasionally patrolled by other Warden teams.
IN AN EMERGENCY ALWAYS DIAL 999
Copyright © 2019 Ashington Parish Council. All rights reserved.
Site by ecomsolutions